For hop extraction in beer; aging and flavor development in whiskies or gins. As used also by Anchor Brewing and others.
Available at our distillery in Everett, WA is one Hydrodynamics 304 Stainless Steel 8×2 Shockwave Power Xtractor spirits cavitation unit. We purchased this for a project and then focused elsewhere, so this is just as we received it out of the box, and we have never used it. The Shockwave is used in spirits production with wood chips or flavorings to add flavor to simulate prolonged aging of spirits. For beer, it reduces hops cost by more effectively using them. This is a super product, but just not part of our current direction. You can see the technology demo here at the link below, and others at : https://www.hydrodynamics.com where other pages show beer usage.
Includes following items (and specs):
• One 304 Stainless 8”x2” Xtractor
· Max hydrodynamic throughput: 7.5 GPM
· Max pressure: 150 psig
· Max temp: 250°F
• One 7.5 HP, motor rated at 230 VAC 3-phase, 3600 RPM, 60 Hz
• 7.5 HP VFD
• Touchscreen control system with inlet/outlet thermocouples
• Inlet/outlet pressure gauges
• Piping connections with 1.5” tri-clamp fittings
• Type 21 seal
• Viton elastomers
• Small integrated skid with wheels, for ease moving it around
• Operations manual, in English
Total weight: 250 lbs, not including packaging. Best of picked up in person, otherwise shipping to your location at cost. International inquiries also welcome.
Price: $27,600 compared to $34,600+ from the mfg.
Share this listing
Q & Alog in or create an account to view Question & Answers
Contact Info & More
Please login to view contact info